Thursday, April 5, 2007

I'm sooo lazy

I have to get out my camera and update this site. The garden is filling out so much it is a huge pleasure to be in the garden.We now have a 10x12 gazebo with mosquito screens...complete with a fan and lights. Nancy introduced me to a term,"you could lose a crop sitting here like this."Is she a country girl or what? I even have a fish pond in a large oval flower pot. I am having a war with slugs. I haven't quite decided which to do, meat them or kill them. They aren't quite large enough for escargo( is that spelled right?)Someone told me I could sink baby food jars filled with beer and they go to it, fall in and drown. I guess they drink too much and fall off the bar stool! I guess the next day I could have escargo and beer.

I HAVE DISCOVERED THE NEW ORLEANS FARMERS MARKET! It is absolutly wonderful. It is actually on the internet under, duh, New Orleans Farmers Market. I now have to go every saturday to get my milk, butter ....and....sourdought bread.OH MY GOSH. If heaven is better than that....I guess.....i'll have to make sure I make it! There is, besides fresh produce....everything local. It isn't just a tourist thing. And I ain't tellin the tourist where it is!
Now don't ya think I need to work for the tourist commission?

I have to close for now.....Eudicus is chewing on my ear. That is one spoiled bird! Oh....we had a dove on one of the roof top courtyards at the hotel build a nest, lay one egg and hatched it. I'll have some pictures on my next post.

No comments: